Saturday, June 12, 2010

Race for a Cure

Today was Race for a Cure in St. Louis! My mom, my sisters, and I have done Race for a Cure for many years. Last year I did it when I was 8 months pregnant!

We headed downtown about 7:00 this morning for the 5K. There is always a lot to see before the race actually starts. It is a very moving morning and I am amazed every year at the energy and spirit there. Today there were 71,000 people there! WOW!

Mom, Kara, Me, Amy, and Claire before the race
Mom and me!
Sweet Claire Bear in her pink ribbon shirt!
The back of my mom's shirt
There are several points throughout the race when you can see the huge crowd of people in front of you! Amazing!
It was so, so, so hot this year!
St. Louis Fire Department provided sprinklers at several points throughout the race.
Water stations and several bands kept us going.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the little boy, probably about 12 years old, playing his guitar at one of the corners. Bet he has never played for 71,000 people before!
Wentzville Fire Department's Pink Truck

All the girls with the firefighter and his pink gear!
And the finish! There is special side for survivors to go through.
They get a rose and there is always lots of cheering!
A very special tradition for the girls in our family. There are already talks of getting a hotel room downtown next year, attending Pray for a Cure at Christ Church Cathedral at 6:45 the morning of the race, and enjoying all the the action again!

No comments:

Post a Comment