Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to Dane!

Dane turned two on Thursday, July 21, 2011. We have celebrated ever since! We took at trip to the zoo, the magic house, had a small party, and tomorrow will be the last celebration, his party at daycare. We had his two year pictures taken a couple of weeks ago. He had a great time and had no idea he was performing for the camera the whole time!

Not quite a celebration, but in the midst of all of the celebrating we had Dane's 2 year appointment at the Dr. He was in the 50% percentile for height and weight. He weighed 28 lbs and was 34 inches long. He has changed so much since his 18 month appointment that when we did the developmental screener I felt like I was checking Yes for everything this time! He loved exploring in the examination room and was really happy the whole time. When the Dr. left the room he said, "Bye Doctor."

Dane is only going to daycare one or two days a week this summer. I had a hard time taking him the first few days of summer, but he loves it soooo much and now that I have a lot to do to get ready for the baby and this school year it actually is really helping me out right now. He is learning so much at Tracey's and has a lot of fun with all of his little friends.

On days that Dane is not at daycare we are totally enjoying our summer. We have Mommy and Me swim lessons once a week, go to the pool to play, go out on the boat, visit cousins, and just play, play, play. We have taken quite a few "daytrips" this summer also

Dane is talking so much now. I love listening to him. Sometimes he just cracks me up with everything he tells me. Sometimes I hear him talking away to Dave and will ask Dave what he is talking about and Dave will have no idea! He loves to talk on the phone also. He will ask him to call many people during the day. I also like to hear him ask to go to his friends' houses. If we are in the car he will tell me, "Aiden's house mommy".

Dane's favorite things right now are dogs, trains, trucks, and Buzz and Woody from Toy Story. He also loves firetrucks. We just redid his bedroom in firetrucks and I can hear him talking about firetrucks as he lays in bed at night.

Dane is a very affectionate little guy. He gives mommy and daddy hugs and kisses constantly throughout the day. He will give hugs and kisses anytime he says goodbye to anyone. Tracy says he kisses her all day.

Dane is learning so much. Everyday he does or says something that amazes us. I can't count to 3 when I am telling him not to do something because when I say 1, he finishes and says 2, 3. He will ask me to give him trucks and tell me which color he wants.

We can't believe another year has gone by. We are having so much fun with our little man. We can't wait to see him and his brother play and grow up together.

Love you little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment