Friday, July 8, 2011

His Backpack

Aunt Amy is constantly finding toys that her kids no longer play with and she happily passes them on to Dane and her other niece and nephew. Amy recently gave Dane this backpack full of plastic picnic supplies. Dane loves it! He will bring it to me and ask me to put it on him.

Then he just walks around the house for quite a while with it on.
Sometimes he will say, "Bye, Bye Mommy" and he will blow me a kiss.

He loves to take the dishes in and out of the backpack. He is working on zipping it and unzipping it himself...the zipper is a little tight so he has some trouble with it.

The only issue with this backpack is that for some reason there are these lids in the backpack that do not fit on anything in there. Dane tries and tries and eventually, as you can see from this picture, he just starts to scream he gets so frustrated. I think I may have to hide these lids.

We are loving our summer vacation. Sadly though, it is half over. We were so, so happy Dave was on vacation for the past week. We had such a good week. Dave went back to work today and we are getting back into Mommy and Dane mode. With summer halfway through and with one of Dave's vacations down I am starting to get stressed. While we had such a good time while Dave was off, we really only did one little thing on my BIG list of things I NEED to get done before school starts. I have a list of things I want to purchase for our new little one and we have a nursery to get ready. Dave has two weeks of work, then another vacation. Hopefully in these next few weeks I can be productive with some of the things on the list that I can do myself. We have lots and lots of fun things planned during Dave's second vacation, including celebrating an adorable little guy's 2nd birthday. Hopefully we can get some things crossed off our list during that time as well. There is lots to do and I am just afraid the last half of summer will go just as fast, if not faster, than the first half.



No comments:

Post a Comment