Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had a fun and productive Labor Day Weekend. Friday I was so excited when Dave text me at work and told me the dresser for the baby's room had been delivered. He didn't have time to get it put together before going to work on Friday, but promised to do it Saturday morning. This motivated me to get ALL of my school work done on Friday night so I would have the rest of the weekend to work on the baby's room.

Saturday morning Dave worked hard and got the dresser put together, despite the fact that Dane wanted to sit on his lap and "help" him the entire time. I started washing baby clothes when Dave left for work Saturday afternoon.

We were so excited Sunday morning because Dave had three days off with us. When Dane woke up I told him Mama and Papa were coming to visit. We heard nonstop from the time he got up until lunch time, "Mama and Papa are coming to my house." He was so excited. About noon my mom and dad came down along with my Grandma, my sister, Kara, and niece Claire.


These two were a handful, but had an absolute ball.

They wanted to eat chips and dip with Papa.

Enjoying BBQ for lunch
Playing on the play set

Eating s'mores after Papa roasted marshmallows for them.

Throughout the day my mom, grandma, and sister, Kara, helped fold and put away all of the baby clothes. The drawers are full of clean, folded clothes ready for Baby Evelsizer!

What a relief!

Monday morning we got up and headed up to Kirkwood. We spent the day hanging out with family, bbqing, and having fun outside. The kids ran and ran all day. I am sure Dane was exhausted just from running up and down the hill.



The guys played washers.

and the kids had a blast together!

Who would have thought they could have so much fun with a sled in September?

We also got a few surprises for Baby Evelsizer.

Goodies from my mom and dad.....

and we also got our Double Sit and Stand Stroller from my mom, dad, sisters, brother, spouses, and nieces and nephews! We were so surprised and excited. This was on our list of things to buy and will definitely help when we take both boys out and about!


The baby's room is finally coming together.


I used my mom's cricket machine to cut vinyl decals out.

Dave put them up tonight for me and I really like them.

(Ignore the mess on top...still looking for baskets for the changing table)

His little nautical room is almost complete!


I am so excited and relieved that the room is coming together. This weekend I am hoping to get white letters to spell his name out above his bed and some baskets for the changing table and to put some little toys in, then I think it will just about be finished!


We had a Dr. appointment today. So excited to hear that I only gained a pound since my last appointment! The Dr. said the baby is head down right now...hoping he stays that way. I also got my flu shot, which is another thing I can check off my list. We go back the 19th and after that appointment we will go every week! Less than 7 weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment