Friday, June 7, 2013



I have been trying to do this for the past few Fridays, but Fridays have been crazy and the next thing I know it's Saturday and I've missed it.  So I thought I'd try it today.  

Five on Friday.....five things I am loving this week.....

1.  My early morning walks with one of my best friends.  We have been meeting at 5:35 (something I never thought I would do during summer vacation) since school got out and take a 4.5 mile walk around our neighborhood.  I love it because I am back home before the little guys get up.  I shower and get ready for my day early.  I love getting up and getting it done early.  The girl time is an added bonus!

2.  I love this extra time at home to get a few things taken care of.  I have a summer to do list and little by little I am working on it.  I cleaned Reese's 18 month clothes out of this closet and drawers this week. 

3.  I spent a beautiful afternoon at the Weingarten Winery on Thursday with my third grade teaching buddies.  We had a challenging year!  Lots of new programs, trainings, and a challenging third grade group!  We stuck together and survived!  I was a little worried about this school year.  After teaching with one of my best friends for 12 years she was moving on to our elementary counselor.  Our grade level was getting 2 new teachers.  It turns out we got the best teachers to join us!  We all work so well together and have gotten so close over the year.  We celebrated surviving our year with an afternoon at the winery for lunch and wine!  It was such a great time!

4.  I can't believe how big my boys are getting!  We took our first summer outing on Wednesday and they had such a blast!  They are both getting so big and are so excited to see and do everything!  We are going to have the best summer.

5.  We have a quiet relaxing weekend coming up.  Tomorrow we will celebrate an early Fathers Day with Dave's dad at our house.  Sunday we are hoping to spend some time outside, maybe taking the boat out.  Just a weekend of hanging out and spending time together!

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for getting up so early to walk! I sometimes think about getting up early like that, but it just never happens, not unless I have to be up for work or something. That's awesome you get such a long walk in!

    ReplyDelete