Monday, April 4, 2011

Dave

In the 10 years that Dave and I have been married one of the most important things I have learned about him is...... If I want help with anything give him a list. If I give him a list it ALL gets done. However, no list....nothing.

With that being said, when I am pregnant it is totally different.

Dave's promotion at work came right about the time we found out I was pregnant. With the promotion came the midnight shift at work. Honestly, the best thing for us or me at the time.

This pregnancy is so much like when I was pregnant with Dane. I am so, so sick, pretty much 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not just morning sickness in this house. Also I have never felt as tired as I have lately. 10 hours of sleep feels no different to me then if I would have gotten 3 hours of sleep. It was funny because I mentioned how sick and tired I am to my doctor. I absolutely LOVE the guy, but his response was, "Can you lay your head down for a half hour or so during the day?" Um, nope, that won't work. I am surrounded by 8 year olds pretty much all day.

Well with Dave working midnights it allowed for him to be home when Dane and I got home in the afternoon and be home with us for dinner and for Dane's bath and bedtime. I come home from work so very tired and usually feeling a bit nauesous as well. Dave and Dane usually head to the basement, the backyard, or the park to play for a bit while I try to pull myself together. By the time I have recovered a bit from my day they are usually heading to the kitchen to make dinner, which Dave usually makes after he takes my meal request based on how I am feeling on that particular day. After we eat I usually move back to the living room where I try to keep myself awake until at least 8:00, when Dane goes to bed. About 7:30 Dave usually motions for me to go shower and he takes Dane, gives him a bath, and gets him ready for bed. I seriously feel so, so lazy, but honestly can barely function. Every night I thank Dave over and over again for helping out with Dane and dinner.

I remember laying in bed one night, feeling pretty sick, and thinking, "God, how would Dane and I function without Dave right now." And then it happened......Dave got moved to 3 p.m.-11 p.m. shift at work.

The first day of the new shift was last Friday. We are struggling, but seem to be making it through our first afternoons and evenings without Dave.

As I drove home this afternoon I hoped for a good night for me and my little man. I was feeling pretty much the same as I have been for weeks, which wasn't good, but was hoping for the best. As I walked into the house I smelled something really good! When I got to the kitchen I found a roast cooking in the crock pot for dinner. I saw a receipt from the grocery store with everything that was on my grocery list for the week, plus more that we needed, but I hadn't added yet. Wow, what a relief.

I couldn't crawl into Dane's tent to play with him today like he directed as he pointed to the tent and said, "Momma, in", but I was able to hold it together as he drove trucks and cars over my body.

Soooo thankful for my husband and all of his help!

No comments:

Post a Comment