Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our First Easter Event

I was in charge of the Lake Forest Kids' Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Party this past weekend. Several weeks ago I started to worry a little because I was still pretty sick and also wasn't sure if Dave's work schedule would allow him to come and help me. Thank goodness my mom volunteered to come down and help me set up and help with Dane while I ran the party.

Amy was camping with Girls Scouts and Darnel had just had surgery, so my mom brought Trey with her for the day. Dane was absolutely THRILLED. He ran around all day yelling, "Mama, Trey".


Hanging out while we set up.

They were so excited to see all of the eggs.
I tried to get a picture of this sweet boy in his sweater vest, but he kept making the weirdest faces at me.



My mom helped me set up the food table.

Dave, Dane, and the Bunny.

Dane acts like he doesn't even see the big bunny standing next to him.

Mama kept pointing to the bunny.

Still not sure what to think.

And then it was time to hunt eggs.........Daddy helped Dane.

Running for more eggs.

All done!

Mama went outside with Trey for the hunt with the older kids.

Dane's eggs were filled with crackers, fruit snacks, and goldfish which he started sampling right away!

The older kids got candy.

After the egg hunt it was time for pictures with the Easter Bunny.

Dane just didn't know what to think.

He just kept checking the bunny out.

He would point to his face and laugh.

He really didn't want to hang with the Bunny without Mommy with him.

Trey jumped right up on the Bunny's lap.

We had a fun party. We were excited that Dave was off work and could go with us and that Mama and Trey came down also.


This was the first of our Easter events. The Easter weekend celebrations begin Thursday night when the great-grandchildren gather at my grandma's house for dinner and egg dying. Friday we have a fun day planned with Mama. Saturday Dane will hunt more eggs at church and at Kirkwood Park. On Easter Sunday we will be going to church, having brunch with family, and going to my grandma's house for dinner and an egg hunt for the kids. I am glad Dane and I are off school on Monday after such a full weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment