Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Our Weekend

Last weekend was busy with Christmasy activities and we had a great time celebrating with lots of different people.
 
I took a Personal Day from work on Friday to go to my Grandma's house to bake cookies with my Grandma, my Grandma's cousin, my mom, my sisters, and my nieces and nephews.  I got a picture of the boys and me before we left, but once the cookie making began I totally forgot to snap any more.
 
Friday night my parents kept the boys and Dave and I went to my work Christmas Party.  We had lots of changes in our school building this year, including 2 new teachers to the 3rd grade, so it was fun to celebrate with them and hang out in a different atmosphere.
 
Even without the boys home Dave and I woke up early Saturday morning to get a few things finished up for the neighborhood Children's Christmas Party.  My parents brought the boys back to us in time for the party and then they stayed and went with us.
 
Dane is loving Santa this year and he greeted him as soon as Santa made his appearance at the party.
 
Reese said hi to Santa while making sure he had a hold of his Papa as well.
 
Mrs. Claus saying hi to some of  the neighborhood kids.
 
Dane worked on some activities while he waited for his turn to see Santa.
 
He decorated a Gingerbread Man.
 
Decorated a Gingerbread House
 
Showed Santa his stickers
 
Then it was finally time to see Santa.  He took him a picture he had made for him.

Reese saw Santa.
 

 
Reese was really excited about his present.
 
Papa helped Reese unwrap his gift.

 
Dane decorated at least three sugar cookies.
He loves our neighbor, Grace.
 
Reese walked around with his book and the wrapping paper trying to wrap the book back up!
 
 
Reese and two of our neighbors.  We are so lucky to have neighbors that love our boys!
 
Reese had a good time just wandering around the party.
He sat down and drank his milk for a bit.
 
I laughed because I was constantly asking, "Where's Reese?", and he was always just walking around the place minding his own business.

 
When we got home from the party about noon I was so tired.  Reese had fallen asleep in my parent's car on the 2 minute ride home from the neighborhood community center.  So Reese and I rested, Dave and Dane played, and we had a wonderful afternoon at home as a family.  It has been a long time since we have done that. 
 
I have just ONE Christmas gift bought. 
 
We have a busy weekend of party hosting on Friday night and another Christmas party on Saturday night.  Next week is filled with Christmas concerts at school to supervise and Christmas Parties at school and daycare to kick off the beginning of the Christmas Break.
 
We are loving every minute of the Christmas Season.  Somehow it will all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment