Friday, June 20, 2014

Last Weekend: A Race, A Party, and Father's Day

Last Friday we went to Kirkwood to spend the weekend.  

Friday the boys spent the day playing with their cousins and I helped my sister and my mom get ready for my niece's graduation party on Saturday.

Saturday morning Dane and I got up early and went downtown with my mom, sisters, sister in law, and my nieces and nephew to Race for a Cure. (Dave and Reese slept in at my mom's house)

When I went to get him dressed he said, "Why is my shirt pink?"  I explained that everything at the Race was pink.  It helped that his cousin, Trey, would have a pink shirt on as well.
 The kids with my Mom
 Dane was loving on Molly alot while waiting for the race to start.


 Dane and Claire ready to go!
 Cousins
 Resting up!
 After the race we went back to my mom's house to get ready for Taylor's graduation party.  It was a red and white theme for Kirkwood.

Dessert and Candy Bar Table
 Amy and I made grad hat cupcakes




 Amy had lots of centerpieces with pictures of Taylor's school years.




 It was a beautiful Saturday so we decorated outside as well.
 Reese woke up from his nap right before the party, Dane fell asleep about the same time.
Ready for the party to start and hanging out with Daddy.

 Taylor was excited for her party!



 Taylor with her grandma and great grandma


 Our 2014 pretzel, a family staple at parties!
 Once more guests started arriving I started talking and forgot to take more pictures.  It was a beautiful evening and everyone had a great time hanging out.  We even had a fire in the firepit and hung out until bedtime.  It was a fun, family day.

The boys slept very late Sunday after a busy Saturday.  Once they got up I made breakfast for Dave for Father's Day and we gave him some presents.  We packed a picnic lunch and went to the park to play with my mom and the Frost family for a little bit.

After playing at the park we came home and got ready to go to our annual Father's Day BBQ at my Uncle Chris's and Aunt Janice's house.  It was a hard Father's Day without my Dad with us, but we were all together, which is what he would have wanted.

Dave and his boys on Fathers Day
 Dane made sure he got his picture taken with Dave since they both were wearing Cardinals shirts.

We had a great Father's Day!  Once again the boys were worn out.  They fell asleep before we even got back to my mom's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment