Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Day Off

Today we were off school for President's Day. Dave had to work, but Dane and I got to stay home and enjoy the day, This is our last day off for a long while. We had a fun day playing together.

Tracey builds forts for the kids at daycare a lot. Today I built a little one in the living room for Dane.

He crawled right through.
Then he sat and hang out under it for a while.

When he would crawl through I would say, "Where's Dane?" and he would hide his face.
It fell a couple of times and I fixed it. After watching me Dane learned how to fix it himself. I guess as he gets a little older my forts are going to have to get better. This was pretty basic, but it made him happy.
I have a lot of pads of paper. I make several lists a day.....stuff I need to do, stuff I need to buy, stuff I want Dave to do. There are usually two pads of paper on my refrigerator. Tonight I grabbed a pad and started a list, then I stuck the pad back on the refrigerator. Dane wanted a piece of paper so I torn one off for him. The little guy was trying to get the paper to stick to the dishwasher. He would hold it there, then let go and it would fall.
Finally he got so mad he wrinkled it up and threw it down. Poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment