Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a nice weekend hanging out together. Saturday Dave had to work so Dane and I went out in search of an Easter outfit for him and I wanted to use some giftcards I had gotten for my birthday. Dane was pretty good, it is just not as easy to shop with an 18 month old by yourself. He was perfectly happy when we were walking through the mall, but once I stopped he wanted to get moving as soon as possible. We made stops at the mall, JCPenney Home Store, Kohls, and Walgreens before we were both getting tired.

Today we were lucky to have Dave home with us. This morning we hung out around the house and I got some things done, then Dane took a morning nap. Once he got up we had lunch and then decided to head out and try to get his haircut. This was his first haircut, which is why I waited until Dave could go with us. I had no idea how he would do.

He was happy when he climbed up into the big chair and could see himself in the mirror, but he had no idea what was going on.
The stylist gave him a sucker to eat while she cut his hair, that seemed to keep him happy.
I debated even this morning on whether or not to get his hair cut. I couldn't believe how much hair she cut. I didn't think it was that long. Then she gave us a Baby's First Haircut card.
Filled out with all of his information and some of his hair taped inside.
I was worried because everyone told me that once he gets his first haircut he will look so much older. I really don't think he looks much different.
After the haircut we had to go to Lowes to get more child locks for the doors. Dane can now open the doors and there were a few without the doorknob locks.
With the weather nicer the past week we have been taking walks after school and we stopped by the playground several times. Dane loves it! Friday when we left for school and passed the playground he was holding his arms out wanting me to take him. On our way home this afternoon we stopped and let Dane play a bit. When we stopped he held his arms up and yelled, "YA!" He ran down the hill, so excited to play.
He loves to climb up and look around.
I wanted him to come down the slide, but he was still checking things out.
He loved swinging with his Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment