Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Weekend

We spent last weekend at my parent's house. I was kind of worried about being away from home with a 2 week old baby, but it actually worked out very well. Dane stayed busy playing with his cousins, with Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents around both Reese and Dane got lots of attention, and I was able to recover a bit more and came home feeling better and more rested.

We started out Saturday morning by going to Kirkwood High School to watch Taylor perform at the football game. Dane and I went in with my mom and my dad stayed in the car with Reese. Claire was there as well and she brought snacks that she shared with Dane.

They loved watching the game.
We enjoyed watching Taylor perform.

Since it was Halloween they did a dance to the song, "Thriller."

After the game we went back to Mama and Papa's house for a quick lunch. Then my dad watched Reese while my mom and I took Dane and met Aunt Amy, Uncle Darnel, and the kids at the Kirkwood Farmer's Market Pumpkin Patch to play.


Dane loved riding the little horse.



Claire, Dane, and Trey ran and ran the whole time we were there.

With Trey there with them they played on the bigger playset.


After playing for a while they took a break and had Halloween cupcakes that Aunt Amy had brought with her.

After playing for a while we headed back to Mama and Papa's house and took naps. When Dane woke up we got ready for Aunt Amy, Uncle Darnel, and the kids to come over for dinner and pumpkin carving.


Uncle Darnel took charge of the project.

Dane wasn't so sure about scooping out the insides.

Once he saw Trey and Laney do it he decided to try it.




The finished product!

Sunday morning Dane waited for Aunt Katie to come home from her camping trip. Once she did he helped her clean up all of her camping gear. He loved it when she set her tent up in the driveway.

Sunday afternoon Katie, Dane, and I went to watch Laney play volleyball. My grandma was there, but I had left Reese at home with my dad so she only got to see Dane. Monday morning we got up and my mom, Dane, Reese, and I went over to visit my Grandma so she could see Reese.


Reese and his Great-Grandma



We had a nice weekend spending lots of time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment