Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lake Forest Trunk or Treat and Halloween Party

The Saturday after I had Reese, October 22nd, we had our neighborhood Trunk or Treat and Halloween Party. I was so thankful for my good friend, Grace, and my mom who planned a majority of the party and for Dave, who ran lots of errands. I had to do very, very little, which was good since I had a 5 day old baby at home!

My mom and dad came down on Friday afternoon and helped decorate the hall. They then came back on Saturday and brought Claire along with them for the party.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for Trunk or Treat! We have lots and lots of little ones in our neighborhood. There were 14 kids age 4 and under! Crazy thing is that we only have 4 girls in the whole crew!


My mom, dad, and Dave took Claire and Dane up for the Trunk or Treat. Dave decorated our trunk and bought the candy to pass out!


Enjoying trunk or treat!

Dane and his little friend sitting down for a candy break
After Trunk or Treat my mom and dad came back to the house and my dad stayed with Reese so my mom could take me to watch Dane at the Halloween Party.

Claire and Dane had Capri Suns while waiting for the party to start.

Game Time!

Dane loved grabbing his pumpkin out of the water!

We had hotdogs, chili, orange drink, and lots of treats at the party.

Pin the nose on the witch!

I was surprised Dane didn't mind getting blindfolded.

Dave picked him up so he could put his sticker on the witch.

Dane's monkey costume had a banana attached.

He chewed on the banana as he waited his turn for the next game.

Pumpkin Sweep!

Dane used the broom to push the pumpkin down and back!

Very smart idea!


Time for the costume contest.

He is still chewing on that banana!

Claire won a gift card to DQ for her costume!

Musical chairs!

The kids had to find a bat to step on when the music stopped.

Pumpkin decorating!

Claire decorating her pumpkin.

It was a fun Halloween Party!

I am glad I was able to get out of the house for a bit and watch Dane have such a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment