Saturday, June 9, 2012

Random

We have had a very fun, busy summer so far.  I have lots to update, but have been too busy to do it!  We are loving our summer!  Every morning I hear the same question from Dane, "Is it still summertime?"  When I reply, "Yes", he says, "You don't have to go to work?"  When I tell him no he usually cheers!  He often asks me, "Where we going today mommy?"  He has loved the summer days spent with family and friends.

I threw a big neighborhood party this weekend and had to make decorations and cook for about 100 people.  That has consumed my nights after the boys are in bed.  Now that it is over with I can get on to my summer wish list that includes blogging, reading, taking pictures, and planning some fun things!

I am still going through pictures from our past few weeks activities.  We celebrated birthdays, had bbqs, went to the park, and played, played, played. 

Here are some random pictures.......

My van was pulled out of the garage and I was working in the yard.  I came in the garage to find Dane sitting on "Daddy's Tractor".  He looked just like Dave does when he mows......he said he was "protecting his ears."
Dane went to a birthday party for his friend Aiden.  It was a cowboy party and he got a hat.  He wore it every night before bed for about a week.
One evening there were ducks in the front yard.  Dave came in and got Dane and they took food out to feed them.
Dane would throw the bread as far as he could.  He really wanted the ducks to get it!

Little Reese is a full time sitter these days.  He loves to sit on the floor and will scoot around the room.  He is so close to crawling.  As long as he has toys in front of him he is happy.
Whenever we look at him he flashes us a big smile!
Many summer evenings have been spent on Mama and Papa's deck.  Dane must already know that his Uncle Tom and Aunt Katie love Lacrosse.  He is constantly finding the lacrosse stick and asking Papa to play with him.
This picture is hard to see, but so cute!  Dane woke up early one morning and I knew he was not ready to get up.  I asked him if he wanted to lay with Dave while I took a shower.  When I came out of the shower he was sound asleep on Dave's chest.
Often we come home from running around and Dane lays on the couch for a movie and some quiet time.  He usually ends up falling asleep in some unusal positions......
Barely made it through the first five minutes of the movie!
Now that Reese is sitting up and able to play with his toys a little more we have started to pull out some of the Christmas presents that he got.  We put several 6-12 month toys in the storage closet.  The only problem we have is that Dane is far more excited about the new toys than Reese is and we have to constantly remind him to let Reese play with his new toys also.
I think I almost have Dane trained to check the floor before we put Reese down.  Reese puts absolutely everything in his mouth.  Dane will yell, "Nothing small is out Mom."
Today Dane came in from the garage with this beach ball.  He said Dave gave it to him and he has played with it all day long.  He even took it into the bathtub tonight!

A bunch of random pictures of two very cute boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment