Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day Weekend

I started out the weekend by receiving many wonderful gifts from my students.  Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week.  I received lots of flowers, a bracelet, and chocolate!

 Dane was laying in bed reading with his sunglasses on Friday night.

 We went to St. Louis on Saturday morning.  Dane and I went to watch Delaney at her gymnastics meet.


Waiting for her turn on the beam

When she performed on the bars she was right in front of us

Awards Ceremony


Delaney with her ribbons, medal, and flowers

 Dane loved watching Laney!

Sunday morning we headed to brunch with my Mom, Grandma, Sisters, Brother, and all of their families.


 We were so sad that Papa couldn't come with us on Sunday morning.  Papa had been in the hospital since Friday so we went to visit him after brunch.  We had to put on gowns and robes to go in his room.  Dane was so excited to see his Papa.  This morning on the way to daycare Dane asked if Papa got to go home yet.  I told him probably tomorrow, so then he expected me to take him to the hospital to see Papa right away!

Little boys staying entertained at the hospital

We left the hospital so Papa could get some rest and we came back to Mama and Papa's house.  Dave made bbq for all of us for Mother's Day and we had a relaxing dinner and watched the kids play.

Mama had Turtle Ice Cream Cake for dessert.
Dane loved the cake and I think Reese had to small pieces as well!

This afternoon I had my last training for the school year.  I have had training almost every Monday this year for 3-4 hours after school.  So glad it is over!  Dave wasn't able to get off tonight to get the boys so my sweet neighbor picked the boys up from daycare, took them to the park, got them ice cream from McDonalds, and fed them dinner.  When I went to pick them up they were having so much fun I don't think they wanted to leave!


Our chain is getting shorter....7 days until summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment