Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Papa and Pumpkins

Dane has been obsessed with two things this week.........
Papa and Pumpkins

Dane's Papa
Whenever I walk down the hall with Dane and he sees the Rau Family picture he will lean out of my arms to point to his Papa. He will smile and point and talk to me. Dane has also been really watching our digital picture frames. He will watch for a while and when a picture of Papa pops up
he will smile and clap his hands.
I am a little jealous....
my picture gets a smile, but no clapping.



Pumpkins
I decorate with a lot of pumpkins. I figure that way I can put them up in early October and leave them up until the end of November. Dane loves to play with them. I tried to give him his Halloween bag to keep his interest for a while, but now that is put away and he wants the pumpkins. I give him the small one to play with sometimes. He likes to throw balls and I was worried he would try to throw it, but he hasn't. He has been particularly interested in the pumpkin that he decorated when we went to Forest Park Fall Fest. It was a little bigger and I imagined him dropping it a million times. I just finally gave in and gave it to him. He had decorated it with foam stickers. The little guy just took his pumpkin, sat down, and would take a sticker off, and put it back on.

It occupied him for quite a while. He was totally silent.
Should have given him that a while ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment