Friday, January 20, 2012

Feeling so relaxed!

I have felt so relaxed this week.
It's funny though:
-I got up by 5:00 every morning, usually after staying up a little too late.
-I was out of the house by 6:45 every morning with two sweet boys
-I made three trips down the stairs to the car every morning (one with Dane, one with Reese, one with my school stuff)
-I had a 7:15 a.m. meeting one morning
-I had an after school meeting that I forgot about until it was announced as a reminder during morning announcements.
-I had a parent meeting
-I had to write up a disruptive student and then witness as the principal paddled him
-Dave worked 3 hours late one day
-Dave had a Fire Department Meeting one evening
BUT......my husband is on day shift and it seems to make a world of difference.
I TOTALLY enjoyed some little things in life like.......
-being able to leave school without having to think, "Do I need to use the restroom, because if I don't go now I don't know when I get to go again?" (One day I walked half way to my car and went back into school for this very reason!)
-being able to change out of dress clothes and heels before 8:00 p.m.
I had time to think about totally random stuff....
-how much I love my time on the way to Tracey's in the morning with the boys. Listening to Dane talk to Reese and me is just so cute. In the afternoon he tells me about his day and ALWAYS asks about where his Daddy is. BUT, I also LOVE the short drive from Tracey's to school when I can listen to my music.
-I need a new place to shop. I am done with New York and Company. I have been shopping there for years. Looks like Eddie Bauer and Ann Taylor Loft are my new places to shop.
-I wish I could stop drinking Diet Mountain Dew, but I can't. I am working on bringing my big Tervis cup of water to bed with me and drinking water at night and in the morning. Just can't seem to stop my morning trip through the drive thru at The Point (Ste Gen mini mart) for my 32 oz. Diet Mountain Dew. Dane even says, "Mommy, you can get your soda before Tracey's." Oh well, maybe one day.
-Really wish I could find the Mom's One Line a Day Memory Book. I have been searching and everyone is sold out!

So, so nice to have Dave home with us in the evenings and for mommy to have a little time to think about these trivial things!

No comments:

Post a Comment