Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our Weekend

     We had a great weekend!  Yesterday Dane, Reese, and I left early for Kirkwood.  I had a TON of errands to do.  I planned to get to Kirkwood, see my parents, feed Reese, and then start my errands.  I was a little concerned about taking both boys shopping with me.  It usually doesn't bother me, but it was cold out, I had several stops to make, and one of the stops was the mall.  Right before going to bed on Friday night I got a text from my sister, Kara, and she invited Dane over for a playdate.  Dane and I were both excited!  He couldn't wait to play with Claire and it made my shopping so much easier! 

     We went to my mom and dad's house first.  Dane played and Reese smiled ALOT!  Aunt Katie came over to see the boys, then Aunt Kara and Claire came over, and then Uncle T.J. arrived.  Papa made breakfast for all of us and we hung out.  My mom had somewhere to be in the afternoon, so when she headed out we all got ready to go.  My sister, Katie, went with me and I got ALL of my errands done.  Dane played at Aunt Kara's house with Claire and had a blast....he had so much fun that when I went to get him he was sound asleep on the couch...worn out!

     This morning Reese woke up first and I fed him while we waited for Dane to wake up.  When Dane woke up we were hanging out in the living room when Dane said, "Daddy's home."  I thought he heard the washer running and thought it was the garage door, so I said, "No, Daddy's at work."  Then he said, "No, mommy, he's right there."  I looked out the window and sure enough Dave was pulling in the garage.  They had extra leuitenants so he got to come home.  We were soooo excited! 

     We had such a great day at home together.  We hung out in the basement and Dane played while Dave and I watched the movie, "I Don't Know How She Does It."  We had soup in the crockpot for dinner and we stayed in our pjs all day!  It was the perfect Sunday at home!

Dane slept.
                                    

Dave and Reese slept.

     I ironed 15 outfits, 5 for each of the boys and 5 for me, for the week.  I graded and recorded papers.

     We are now showered, in our pjs, the boys are in bed, and we are ready for the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment