Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Soaking Up Our Last Day

It is a good thing that I LOVE my job! Tomorrow I take TWO sweet boys to Tracey's house for daycare and I head back to work.
Today was our last day together before we wake up to reality tomorrow. Dave was supposed to be home with us, but overtime called, so it was just me and the boys. We had a lazy day at home. Well the boys had a lazy day and since they were so lazy it actually gave me a chance to get some things taken care of.
Reese slept until 7:00 and Dane until 8:15 this morning. We played for a bit and both boys were in such good moods. I fed Reese his 10:00 bottle and we played some more. About 11:30 Reese was ready for his nap and he quickly fell asleep in his little chair.
Dane and I had lunch and then he laid down on the couch to watch the Cars Movie.



After about ten minutes he was asleep as well. Wow, a day in pjs and naps on the couch!

I planned dinner and made brownies for dessert (back to more healthy eating tomorrow). I started trying to find outfits for this week and realized that my dress pants haven't been worn in close to a year, so they needed washing and ironing to look fresh. I threw some loads in the wash and got the boys outfits ironed for the rest of the week.


Dane got up and was thrilled that I made brownies. He had one for a snack tonight as he watched a movie on the new portable DVD player from Mama and Papa and while I cleaned up the kitchen. He loved it! Our DVD player is on the basement TV, so I am hoping he will sit next to me at night and watch a movie while I straighten up upstairs in the evenings or record grades on the laptop.

I guess we are ready for tomorrow. Dane is pretty dang excited that Reese is going to Tracey's with him. He keeps telling me that he will help Tracey take care of Reese...I may have to warn her. I have 17 meals planned and everything ready to prepare them. I have our outfits ironed and ready for the rest of the week, luckily it is only 3 days. We just had such a good routine here at home. I could get so much done during nap time. Now I am preparing myself to come home with two boys at 3:30, play, feed Reese, make dinner, give baths, put them to bed, then start my nightly routine of grading papers, cleaning the house, doing laundry. Ohhhh, Dave working this 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. shift surely won't last too much longer! Back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment