Saturday, January 5, 2013

SNOW

We were still in St. Louis for Christmas when Ste Genevieve got snow on the 26th.  We came home late Thursday night when the boys were asleep.  Friday morning we woke up and I was getting Reese dressed when Dane started yelling, "Mom, come quick!"  I ran out of Reese's room and Dane was at the back sliding door pointing to a few patches of snow on the ground.  He was so excited.  There really wasn't very much out there and definitely not enough to play in.  We went to the grocery store and he begged me to let him out of the car to climb the giant mountain of snow the plow had pushed together in the middle of the parking lot......I didn't.
 
We came home and the boys went down for naps.  About 3:00 it started to snow really big flakes.  Dane woke up and looked out the window and was so excited.  We told him he could probably play outside on Saturday.  While we were eating dinner we kept watching the snow.  We probably had 5 inches by this time.  It was coming down pretty fast.  Finally we told Dane that when he finished his dinner he could go outside for a little bit.  He could hardly wait!
 
I got him bundled up and Dave and him went outside.  He jumped and played and loved every second of it.  He came running inside and said, "I need the snowman stuff."  I couldn't believe he remembered that last year my mom came him a snowman kit in his stocking.  He grabbed the stuff and went back out.


 
Dave and Dane built a pretty good snowman.

 
This whole time I am holding Reese looking out the back door.  Reese could hardly stand it.  He was grabbing on to the door handle trying to get out.  I finally decided to let him go out for a few minutes.
 

 
Snowflake right in the eye!
 
Dane was asking Reese if he liked the snow.

Then he threw a snowball at him!
 
I have a feeling Dane won't get away with stuff like this much longer.
Reese went right after him when he threw it at him.
 
We came inside to warm up and get in pjs.  It was a fun, unexpected night in the snow.

 
The next morning it was so pretty outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment