Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Middle of the Month

Our "New Years Goals" didn't really start on January 1st this year.  We still had 6 days left of Christmas Break and I wasn't going to focus on anything but relaxing.  Therefore, I had several goals that started the 7th and a couple that actually just started yesterday.

I might have relaxed a bit too much over break because some projects I planned to get done just didn't get finished.  Saturday morning we ran some errands and when we got home the cold and rain began to set in.  I decided it was finally time to go tackle the downstairs bathroom.  I know it sounds weird, but I store so much stuff in our downstairs bathroom.  It is kind of a big bathroom and we rarely use it.  It has a huge wall that would be perfect for a huge dresser to store stuff in, but for now it is the perfect spot to stack my storage totes.  I went down and sorted and organized and came up with 6 totes of clothes from ages 24 months-6 years that I am storing for the boys.  I also came up with 5 totes of things that I "think" we are done with.  This may not look "perfectly organized", but it is so much better than it was.  Honestly, there were several weeks in a row I had put so much in this bathroom and hadn't had time to organize it that I actually told my cleaning lady not to worry about even going in the bathroom to clean.  

In December I kind of fell off the wagon of planning our meals.  There was just so much going on during the week and our weeks were so busy I never sat down to make a good shopping list.  Needless to say when we looked at how much we spent on groceries in December it was crazy!  After organizing the boys' clothes I sat down and planned 16 meals and made the shopping list.  The cleaning lady was here on Tuesday and Dave usually tries to leave while she is here, so it was a great time to send him on my giant shopping trip.  He hit Sams and Shop n Save for me.  Now I think we are set for a  while!  What a great feeling!

This cold weather has really messed with my running at 4:30 a.m.  I just can't do it when it is below freezing. I have been so dedicated to getting on my elliptical every night though.  45 minutes of working out and taking my lunch to school everyday is going well.

Now a little bit about my little sweeties....

Reese got this little bag of farm animals for Christmas and he LOVES it.  He will pick the bag up and carry it around until finally he brings it to me and wants it open.  He will carry the animals all over the house.  He loves to help me put them in the bag before bed, which is especially cute.

Reese hanging out in one of his new favorite spots.

Dane is all about his Spiderman and Batman Houses and his firetrucks.  Nice combination....
Batman and Spiderman often ride around in the firetruck "on the way to a rescue" as Dane says.

Dane is so funny (and trying) these days.  He will tell Dave and I, "I have a great idea", when he wants to do something.  He will say, "I need to figure out what I want to do."  The other day we went to Arnold Target and when we were unloading the cart Dane said, "I need to figure out where I want to go, Mama and Papa's house or our house."  We told him we already figured out we were going to our house.

These two.....what a handful!




They are FULL of energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment