Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our Week

I just can't believe tomorrow is July 15th!  Our summer has been flying by!

I haven't gotten near done what I planned to around the house, two little boys have kept me very busy! 

I worked to organize Dane's closet a little bit the other day.  I found the lip that came with his changing table.  We didn't put it on because I wanted to use it more as a dresser than a changing table.  I have been wanting to make a chalk board for a while so I thought the lip might work as a frame.  Dave got the supplies and made exactly what I wanted!
 Reese helped Dave pull the trashcans from the curb.
 We bought the boys a picnic table and we eat outside several times a week.

 Working together on a puzzle

 Dane is still LOVING the pool.
 He earned dive rings for being a good listener at home.

 Many, many wagon rides
 Friday afternoon I took the boys to the Ste Genevieve County Fair Parade.
 I found a great spot in the shade, but there wasn't a curb to sit on.  Dane really wanted to sit on the curb so we moved down to the sun.  I was by myself with the boys so I didn't get any other pictures, but there were a TON of tractors in this parade.  There was only two firetrucks, which Dane reminded me of many, many times.  They did throw a ton of candy so Dane loved it!
 I bought diapers on Friday and the boys loved playing with the boxes Friday evening.

 Saturday afternoon we went into the Ste. Genevieve County Fair.
 We went through the Petting Zoo and saw the animals.  
Then Dane went in a bounce house.

 Dave and I got Pork Burgers to eat (a Ste Gen thing), but we decided to take the boys to McDonalds to eat and to let them play on the playground.

On the way out Dane saw the baseball field and the dugout.  He was so excited!
 So excited about sitting in the dugout!
 The boys ate at McDonalds and played for a bit.
Reese kept wanting Dave to blow the whistle he got in his happy meal.
 It was so nice out Saturday night we ended up just coming home and hanging out outside.
The  boys played and Dave and I just hung out and had some drinks.


 When Reese went to bed we went out front.  Dave and Dane washed Dave's truck and I sat and relaxed.

Today we spent the day with friends at the pool.  We celebrated our neighbor's, Tyler, birthday.  Dane has been so excited about this party.  We had lunch at the community center with our friends and then all headed down to the pool.  I didn't get any pictures because Dave and I each had one of the boys with us the entire time.  The boys had a ball!  Reese actually hung with us all afternoon, but fell asleep the very second we put him in the car to come home.  Dane came home and got out of his swim clothes, then asked to lay down and he was out within minutes! 

We have a full few weeks coming up.  The boys have "Cousin Camp" this week, we are going to Grants Farm, and I am preparing for Dane's 4th birthday party and getting us ready to leave for vacation!
When we get back from vacation we have a busy week, then it is already August!

No comments:

Post a Comment