Monday, May 17, 2010

Eating!

Meal time here has been quite an experience lately. At Dane's 9 month appointment Dr. Andersen said it was time to start some table food. Dane has some favorites: bananas, yogurt, applesauce, pancakes, and his all time favorite is still his Gerber Puffs and Veggie, Cinnamon Maple, or Cheese Crunchies. He has also had Spinach and Cheese Ravioli, Beef Ravioli, and Mac and Cheese.

Cute even when messy!
Seems to enjoy his mess!

Today Dane did not take a nap at daycare, even after getting up at 5:20 this morning! He napped when we got home, so it was a bit later when he was eating dinner. He was a little cranky, so I just decided to feed him myself. He ate a few bites of Spinach and Cheese Ravioli, but then wanted no more. He ate a big bowl of Applesauce, then had some water from his sippy cup. I tried more ravioli and he didn't want any part of it. I cleaned him up and then tried to hold him and keep him happy while I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. As I am buttering the bread he is lunging for it. I gave him a couple bits and he ate it right up. I then got out the cheese and he lunged for that as well. I quickly made him a cheese sandwich. I put him back in the highchair and he happily ate the cheese sandwich. He then saw a banana on the counter and started kicking his little legs so I sliced that up. I then gave him a couple of veggie crunchies and he finished off those, then drank his entire sippy cup of water. WOW! Spinach and Cheese Ravioli, applesauce, bananas, cheese sandwich, and veggie crunchies! I was afraid my little guy would explode! He obviously just wants to eat without mommy feeding him and wants something that isn't so mushy!

No comments:

Post a Comment