Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a wonderful day celebrating Mothers Day. I am so thankful for my sweet, baby boy. He is the reason I enjoyed the day so much! Not a day goes by that I don't smile at him, laugh with him, and am overjoyed to be his mom.


We started out the day by going out for brunch with the family. It was delicious! Dane enjoyed looking around the restaurant and then took a little nap.

We also celebrated the news of the arrival of Baby Knoll coming in December! Congratulations Aunt Tammy and Uncle John. Dane can't wait to meet his cousin! I am sure Dane and Trey are hoping for a boy!

After brunch we all headed over to my Grandma's house.

Two very special women, my mom and grandma. I have such good memories because of them and they are already making them for Dane! Claire and Dane played a bit.

Their toys of choice for the day were a coaster and Dane's shoe.

Aunt Katie celebrated her First Mother's Day as a Godmother!
Dane loves his Aunt Katie. Dane also gave me a special gift that he made with Aunt Katie when she came to stay with him last week while Dave and I went to a concert.
After we spent some time with Grandma we headed to watch Trey play his first T-ball game. It was great entertainment. The game included lots of playing in the dirt! We also watched 10 little boys mob every single ball that was hit. There was no such thing as playing your position in this game!
Hanging out with Aunt Katie at the T-ball game
Trey getting ready to hit the ball!
After he hit the ball and ran the bases
he would stand on home plate and wave to us.
So cute!
Trey would come to visit us when he wasn't batting or in the field.
He would come by and give Dane a kiss on his way to bat!
Trey pausing for a picture during a break!
After the T-ball game we headed back to Mom and Dad's house to hang out for a bit. We went to dinner with everyone, then headed home after spending a great day with family.
I have a very special card, handprint, and a little flower growing in a Styrofoam cup on my window sill from my sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment