Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Party

Saturday afternoon my mom and dad had a Valentines Party for the grandkids and then Valentines Dinner for the family at their house.

The boys both wore their Heartbreaker shirts so I tried to get a picture of them.  I am learning that trying to get a good picture of these two boys is definitely a challenge.

Dane gets so excited and I can't him to look at the camera.  Then Reese looks scared to death from Dane's craziness.
Then Dane noticed Reese's socks (they look like tennis shoes) so he started looking and talking about them.
Then Dane said he needed a toy to make Reese smile.
Seriously, it's exhausting.
My little heartbreaker.
Claire came straight from a Princess Tea, so she was in her Princess dress.  My mom had stickers, foam hearts, and lots of things for them to make Valentines with.
She also had candy heart necklace sets for each kid.
Dane loved this!
Finally, lots and lots of sweet treats and Valentine presents.


For some reason we decided to attempt a picture. 
Dane and Claire both wanted to hold Reese.
Dane thought Claire was holding him more than he was so needless to say he got upset.
Mama with the three little ones.
The Frosts came after basketball and made Valentines and necklaces as well.
For some reason I didn't take pictures the rest of the night.  We enjoyed watching the kids hand out their Valentines to each other.  We had my dad's homemade pizza, opened Valentine gifts, and watched the kids play.  It was a fun day!

Today we enjoyed Valentines Day as a family.  I didn't want a snow day, but if we had to have one it was nice that Dave was off and we were all able to spend the day together.  Dane said to me many times,
"Happy Balentine's Day Mommy."  So cute!

We took at trip to Target and had lunch together.  We traded Valentines and presents and loved our day together. 

I especially loved my chocolate covered strawberries and honestly could hardly wait for 8:00 tonight when I could eat them without hearing, "Bite please mommy.  You share?"

The boys have their Valentine party at daycare tomorrow (a day late because of the snow day at school), so I may try to get another picture of them in their little Heartbreaker outfits.  Dane is excited to take his Valentines and his treat bags. 

Dane asked me where Reese's Valentines were and I will be honest.....I didn't even think about getting him any.  I told Dane Reese was still so little he didn't need Valentines this year.  He said, "Lucas is Reese's friend."  Lucas is a 6 month old at daycare.

1 comment: