Sunday, March 18, 2012

Five Months Old

Reese turned 5 months old on Saturday, March 17th. 

I can't believe how fast the time is going.  We will go back to the Dr next month for his 6 month checkup, then the next time we go we will be in the midst of summer vacation, so I know that time will fly, and then 3 months later he will be a year old and another school year will have started!  I think being a teacher makes the years go by even faster than usual.

Reese is as happy as ever.  He smiles and laughs all the time.  I love picking him up from daycare because when he sees me he always flashes a big smile.  I am glad that he also flashes a big smile at Tracey when I drop him off in the morning!  All of the big kids (the 2 year olds) love him. 
He is playing with his toys more and more everyday.  He will grab and smile at his carseat toys.  He loves the cloth books, especially the ones that have crinkly pages.  He also loves to hold on to his Sophie.  I am sure he is teething because he always has it in his mouth.  He is moving around more and more.  If I put him on his back to play he immediately flips over to his stomach.  He still sleeps on his back all night though and hasn't rolled over in bed yet.
Dane and Reese are interacting more and more all the time.  Reese loves his big brother and Dane feels the same way.  I AM SO GLAD!!  Dane can always make Reese smile and laugh.  Dane tells me often, "Reese is my friend."  Last week when Dane was sick I told him he had to stay away from Reese and he sat on the couch with his arms out yelling, "I want Reese, mommy."  If I am doing something and Reese starts to cry all I have to ask is for Dane to sing and dance for him and he starts smiling and laughing.
Reese is eating cereal and veggies for dinner right now.  I have a bag of fruits and veggies packed to take to the sitter tomorrow.  The goal is to have him having three meals of baby food when we go back to the Dr at 6 months.  He is wearing 6-9 month clothes.  I just bought a pack of size 2 diapers and I am just hoping we can use them all before he outgrows them.  I also probably need to order a convertible carseat.  He is just getting so heavy to carry around.  Once he is sitting up we are done with the infant seat!

Reese is our happy little guy and we love him so much!  Can't believe he is already 5 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment