Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Big Boy!

I really can't believe how big Dane is getting.  He has little conversations with me on the way to and from daycare in the mornings.  He can tell me all about his day.  He helps with many jobs around the house.  I get a little sad everytime I get on the blog and see the age counter.  Hard to believe I will be planning a third birthday party in just a few months!

He can be so, so sweet.  Tonight Dave is working until 11:00 p.m.  :(  I am feeling pretty sick.  After I put Reese to bed I sat on the couch and Dane crawled on my lap.  He said, "Don't feel well Mommy?"  He then said he would take care of me.  He said this often as I tried to put him to bed as well.  He couldn't go to bed because he had to take care of mommy.  Once he was in bed and I was in my bedroom he could hear me coughing and he would yell, "You ok Mommy?"  Seriously, what a sweet, sweet boy.

I just love watching my two boys together.  They are such little buddies.  Reese watches Dane's every move and Dane loves on him so much.  He just can not wait until Reese is old enough to play with him.  He is always wanting to hold Reese, kiss Reese, read to Reese.  I just love it!  I think a baby brother is just what Dane needed!

This past Sunday we were hanging out at home.  We had been at Aunt Katie's and Uncle Tom's new house the day before and Dane saw Tom using tools to work on a few things.  As soon as Dane woke up on Sunday morning he had to gather all of his tools up.  I first walked in on him using his tools on Reese.
Reese didn't seem to mind a bit though!
We had a little talk and I put Reese in his exersaucer so I could see him from the kitchen while I made lunch.  Dane then went on fixing other things.  He spent quite a bit of time on his firetruck.  He kept telling me, "I am fixing my firetruck, just like Daddy." 
He is growing up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment