Friday, January 10, 2014

Five Things on this 5th Snow Day

 Today is our 5th day home from school because of the weather.  It is actually 42 degrees out and rainy today, but the roads were still snowy and icy early this morning.

1.  Dane hates noise, but loves being with his Daddy.  Saturday afternoon Dave worked on the snowblower to make sure it was ready for the big snow storm.  Dane wanted to be with him so he wore earmuffs so the noise wasn't too bad.
 2.  Sometimes I look at my boys and they are getting so big and things have gotten so easy.  Other days I fall into bed and wonder how I made it through the day.
 3. The other day we had a frozen pipe and Dave was running up and down the stairs working on it.  The boys were playing with the gate and it was driving me crazy.  I ended up taking the gate down.  The first time in 3 1/2 years I haven't had a gate on my stairs.  Reese was having a blast telling me, "Going downstairs to play mommy."  I hope the newness wears off soon.
 4.  On Snow Day #3 Dave had a dr appointment in St Louis.  I didn't let him leave without taking the three of us with him.  We went to my moms and visited.  It was finally warm enough to play in the snow, no sub zero degree windchills.  My sister and her kids came to visit as well.  We played and had pizza for lunch.  Dane held his sweet, little cousin, Molly.
 5.  I LOVE candles.  I light one everyday when I get home  Thank goodness I got several for Christmas.  I have burned through quite a few being off work since December 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment