Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Past Few Weeks

My Christmas Break from school started on Friday, December 20th.  The boys were both off from daycare and preschool that time also.  We were all scheduled to go back on Monday, January 6th.  Then the snowstorm came and we were off All. WEEK. LONG.  Our break went from 16 days to 23 days.  It has been nice, but I am ready to go back to a routine.
 
Pictures from our long break....
 
The grandkids made a wreath for my dad and we took it to the cemetery.


Definitely a house of boys...
 
A much needed night out with my friends
Dane rarely naps when we are home during the day.  Many nights he falls asleep on the couch before bedtime.
My mom, grandma, sisters, and my nieces came for lunch one day.

The snowstorm was coming so Dave went out to make sure the snowblower was ready to go.
Dane hates loud noises so he wore earmuffs so he could hang with his daddy while he worked on it.
 
Dave worked most days during this break.  We couldn't get out on the roads without the truck.  Some days were really, really, long.  I took a picture of the boys this morning as they eat breakfast.  The calm before the storm.....
The boys watched Daddy blow snow when he got home from work.
One of the worst parts was it was so bitterly cold that we couldn't even go outside to play in the snow.
 
Daddy was home with us!  Dane was so happy!
They napped together in the afternoon.

The boys got hooded bath towels for Christmas from my aunt and uncle.  They absolutely LOVE them.  Reese's towel is a dinosaur.
Dave had an appointment for his knee on Wednesday in Kirkwood.  Since we were off and hadn't been out of the house since Saturday I made him take us with him.  Our neighborhood wasn't bad, but when we got to the entrance and turned onto the highway, which is curvy and hilly, I wanted him to turn around.  It was so bad.  I looked down the entire way, except when I took this picture.

We went to my mom's house while Dave was at the Dr.  My sister, Kara, came over with her girls and we let the kids play and ordered pizza for lunch.  Dane loves to hold little Molly.
I got Bluetooth Speakers for Christmas.  I play playlists from my phone every morning as we are eating breakfast.  The boys love it! 
Reese loves to "help" me vacuum.  It takes a bit longer with a little one holding on and following me around.


Before 9:00 one morning we were dressed up in jerseys and helmets.
 
Dane got a firetruck book for Christmas.  He really likes it and he is really serious when he shows Reese all of the pages.

 
Reese is a busy little guy.  He likes to test the boundaries.  He gets his feels hurt very easily and that results in him falling to the floor.

Dave was doing some work and kept coming up and down the stairs.  I took the gate down and we ended up keeping it down.  First time in 3 and a half years I haven't had a gate up!
 
Finally warm enough to go outside and play.


I always light candles the minute I get home everyday.  Thank goodness I got several for Christmas.  During these snow days I have really used them.
Reese has been getting so mad when I cut his food up lately.  We are working on eating things slowly so he doesn't have to have mommy cut them up.  He did great with his nutria-grain bar this morning.
 Seek and Find Book
 My Rams Football Player
 The unexpected project.......my external hard drive with lots and lots of pictures on it will not pull anything up.  I am going to take it to the Tech department at my school on Monday.  I ordered a new one and have been backing up pictures in several places.  Thank goodness for my blog.  I have a lot of pictures on here.
Tomorrow it all ends and we ALL go back to school.
Hoping for a smooth morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment