Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Days!

It snowed on and off Monday evening and I just couldn't decide if it looked like we would have school or not. About 9:00 Monday evening the phone rang with the Alert Call from school saying that there was no school on Tuesday. Of course I had just finished ironing clothes for Dane and I and making bottles for the babysitter.

Vicki, my friend down the street, took the day off on Tuesday because the roads were a little rough. Dane and I were able to get out and head to play for the day. I love going to play with Tyler and Aiden because Dane is so fascinated by them. He loves to watch them play. He also gets to play with a whole new set of toys. I always come home with ideas of new toys he needs.

I think I may have to find this toy. It has music and lights, which Dane absolutely loves.
Vicki loved it that Dane actually left the hat on his head. She said her boys throw it off whenever she puts it on them.
We enjoyed the day playing with our friends. It is so nice to have them right down the street.
Not long after we got home we got the call that there was no school on Wednesday. I always love a couple of snow days and there is nothing else like the phone ringing and hearing that message. Dane and I usually snuggle together for naps and stay in comfy clothes all day. However, I have to say, I am just about done with snow days for this year. I am starting to get the itch for warm weather and summer fun. Right now we still get out before Memorial Day. Now I am ready to get moving with the rest of the year and get it finished.

1 comment: