Friday, February 5, 2010

Sick Dane and Sick Mommy

Dane had a low grade fever Tuesday evening and then again Wednesday evening. He just seemed out of sorts and I couldn't decide if it was his teeth or the beginning of an ear infection. I called the doctor and Dave took him in on Thursday morning. The Dr diagnosed him with RSV. I was very surprised because he wasn't really very congested or coughing.

I stayed home with him today. It has been a rough day. If he hadn't been sick I would have either been at school feeling awful or would have called a sick day for myself. I started feeling bad on Thursday night. Then Dane didn't sleep well. He woke up this morning about 5:45 and I woke up with a massive headache, probably a combination of not feeling well and lack of sleep. He would play and be so happy one minute that I was wondering why I stayed home with him and then the next he was a fussy little guy. Of course my head was throbbing the whole time.

I am hoping for a better night sleep tonight and a better day tomorrow. Dave is working all weekend, so it is just my little man and me. I am hoping I feel better. It is snowing pretty hard outside right now so I think we will just spend the weekend recuperating in the nice warm house.

My head hurt too bad to take any pictures today, but I do have one to share from Tuesday. Monday night I was in the kitchen and I waved to Dane, who was in the living room playing. The little cutie waved right back at me. It is hit or miss with his waving. Right now it is an entire arm wave. I didn't catch the big wave, but you can see that his arm was in position! Sometimes I wave at him and he looks at his hand and seems to be thinking, "Now how does that work again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment