Sunday, January 31, 2010

Playing at Mama and Papa's House

We spent the night at Mama and Papa's house on Saturday night. Mama and Papa bought an exersaucer for Dane to play in while he is at their house. Dane laughed, smiled, and squealed the whole time he played. He seems to love his new toy!
Aunt Amy told Trey that Dane was at Mama and Papa's house and he begged her to bring him over to play. Amy dropped Delaney off at a birthday party and headed over. Trey was so cute. He would sit behind Dane and hold his hand up so he could catch Dane if he happened to tumble over. When it was time to leave so Amy could pick up Delaney Trey did not want to leave. Mama let him stay and play. I can only imagine what it will be like when Dane gets a bit older. Trey was playing with a box from a computer my dad just bought. He wanted me to put Dane in it to play with him. Of course Molly, the dog, kept jumping in the box also so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea.
It was a very relaxing weekend. Mom and I went and picked up dinner and brought it back to the house. Then Mom, Dad, Dave, and I watched a movie Saturday night. It was nice to just hang out.
This morning was the first morning we had to take Dane out of church because of his behavior. About 5 minutes after the service started Dane rubbed his eyes and put his head on Dave and instantly fell asleep. I guess he just needed a little recharging. He woke up about 20 minutes later, right when the morning message started. He was laughing and squealing so loud Dave had to take him out. Everyone around us thought he was really cute, but I am not sure how much of the message they could hear. After church we went out for breakfast, then headed back to Mama and Papa's house to hang out and wait for Aunt Katie to come visit.

Aunt Katie had been out of town over the weekend and she asked us to stay at Mama and Papa's until she got back. Dane had just finished his lunch so Aunt Katie fed him his bottle.
Before we headed home I ran to Target and spent $120 on everything I have always wanted: diapers, formula, and babyfood. I should have had Delaney with me to prove I do spend money on Dane. A couple of weeks ago Delaney asked me something and I said, "Oh, I don't have enough money for that." She said, "Aunt Stephanie, you have lots of money." I told her, "No, Dane costs a lot of money." She said, "He is just a baby. He doesn't cost any money." This was also about the same time that Amy was driving down Hwy 270 and passed Missouri Baptist Hospital. Trey said, "Mommy, there is where Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Dave GOT Dane." Those two crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment