Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Break.....is over

It's over.....no more days like this for a while.
It seems like December 18th at 3:00 was just yesterday. It was such a great feeling when the bell rang at 3:00 and I knew I had 16 days to spend with Dane. Now they are over. We had a great time! We spent lots of time with family. Dane was entertained by cousins and loved on by grandparents. On days when we were home we spent a majority of the day in our comfy clothes, sitting in the oversized chair, looking at the Christmas tree, and catching up on shows recorded on the DVR (I think I watched shows recorded in October!)

I never take Christmas down until Epiphany on January 6th, but this year I did it early. Dane and I were up at 6:30 this morning and I thought Wednesday is January 6th and I KNOW I will never have time to take Christmas down on a week night. Saturday we have plans and Sunday we will be in St. Louis for Taylor's Confirmation. I just got busy and got it done. It is all packed up and Dave will move it to the garage tomorrow. Then we got some organizational supplies at Lowes for all of Dane's new toys. I have ironed Dane's and my clothes for the week and packed up some stuff to take to Miss Sue's tomorrow morning. All I have to do now is make bottles and then I GUESS we are ready for tomorrow morning.

I just read Dane his bedtime story, A Snowy Day, and he is off to bed. I am checking the weather forecast to see if there is a chance of a snowy day anytime soon. Already looking forward to my next break to hang with my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment