Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bits and Pieces of our Weekend

There are now two little teeth poking through. Dane chews on everything!
From the bath to the changing table and he finds something else to put in his mouth!
Acting like a big shot holding his bottle with one hand!
Saturday morning we had great plans for our day.
Our morning went well so we headed out to grocery shop.
It was our first trip without the infant carseat carrier. Dane loved it! He sat up in the cart so well and smiled at everyone as we walked through Walmart. I did a TON of grocery shopping and he was so good!
Worn out from the shopping trip
When we got home from Walmart we had a plan: carry in groceries, eat lunch, and then a walk in the beautiful weather! We couldn't wait.

But.....I was heading back down the stairs to grab the last of groceries and I had Dane in my arms, singing him a little song and I think I must have thought I was on the landing, but I was actually on the bottom step and I fell! Poor Dane was scared and started to cry a little. Then I realized I couldn't get up. Dave was sleeping. I yelled for him for about 5 minutes. Finally I think the dog heard us and scratched on the door for Dave to let him out. When Dave got up to let him out he heard me yelling. He got us up and we got my shoe off. Wow! My foot was already starting to swell so bad. It wasn't broken, just very badly sprained. I can't walk.

Bruising and swollen
Then the bruising started to stretch from my ankle all the way up my foot to my toes and then around to the other side.

After an hour or so with my foot up and iced we realized it would probably be a while before I could move around much. Dave had to work Saturday night, so Aunt Katie came down to take care of Dane....and me, of course!

Aunt Katie got here right after Dane's bath so we had some time to hang out before bedtime.

Aunt Katie is leaving for spring break with her lacrosse team tomorrow so she was making treats for the road trip. Dane and I hung out at the island while she baked away!

Dane fell right to sleep for Aunt Katie on Saturday night. He woke up about 12:30 and she went in and picked him up for a minute. She had a hard time putting him down because he snuggled right up to her and fell right back to sleep....so sweet!


Sunday morning Dane rested on the couch next to Aunt Katie while we hung out and talked.
We are so happy Aunt Katie was able to come down, help out, and a play a bit!

Mommy still can't walk so we will both stay home tomorrow and hopefully with another day of ice and elevation we will be moving a little better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment