Monday, March 29, 2010

Bath Time is Supposed to be Relaxing

Bath time has sure changed in just the past few weeks.

Dane loves to play in the water. He splashes and plays with his toys. I sit by the tub with either a magazine or my phone and watch him play while I relax a bit. He likes to play for quite a while in the tub.

In the past few weeks his play has gotten quite a bit more active. He is so active that gone are the days of looking at a magazine or reading facebook or blogs on my phone. I have to be up on my knees at the side of the tub waiting for his next move at all times. The pictures are a little fuzzy because 1) I was using my phone and 2) I was too scared to put the camera up to my face and take a picture, fearing what quick move he might make when I did.

He has started to try to pull up on things and of course the slippery, wet bathtub is no exception! He is still working on pulling up though, so these pictures are when he is pretty much on his knees, slip, sliding around, which makes me nervous. He likes to take his stacking bath cups and bang them against the side of the tub as he squeals loudly.
Bath time is not a quiet time!
He loves it if there is water in the cups. He pours it over the side of the tub, usually onto the magazine that I thought I would try to read while he was in the tub. Luckily I have kept my phone out of harms way.

He also likes to reach for the faucet and pull on my shower curtain.

So needless to say, when bath time is over I am wet and tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment