Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

This weekend we really got into the Christmas spirit. Friday night was my work Christmas party. Dane went to the Ste. Gen vs Valle Basketball game with our friends in the neighborhood. They said he loved it! He didn't move the entire first period. He just stared at the game. They enjoyed their night with him and we had a great time at party.

Saturday we went to Mama and Papa's to spend the day. I only took a few pictures. My goal was cookie making. Aunt Kara, Claire, Aunt Amy, Trey, and Delaney also came by. Aunt Katie was there for a little bit. We were very busy and got a lot done.

Papa got us pizza for lunch and the kids gathered
around their table to eat while watching a movie.
Dane sure watches his cousins closely.Trey and Delaney are always playing with the play food and pretending to be waiters and waitresses. Dane has joined the business.
We got our St. Nick gifts from Mama and Papa.

Today was cold and snowy. We spent the morning in sweats and played. The other day we came home and Dane wanted to play in his car in the basement. I had a lot to do upstairs so I brought it up. Today he rode around with Frosty and Santa.
Dane took a nap after lunch so he would be happy for the Lake Forest Kids Christmas Party. When he woke up I put him in one of his Christmas shirts. I asked if I could take his picture in front of the Christmas tree. He sat down, of course with a sippy cup in his hands!
After he had a few drinks he let me have it so I could take his picture.
All of his friends were at the party and he had a good time. He got his picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus and had cookies and chocolate milk.
When we came home he went straight inside and started riding his Firetruck.
I told him we needed to go upstairs. I felt bad, but I had a lot to do! He picked it up and brought it to me. So I took it upstairs. Dave may kill me tonight. When he came home the other night he asked why his car was in the middle of the living room.
It was worth it though.
He had a blast putting Santa and Frosty on his firetruck.

No comments:

Post a Comment