Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday

Today was a beautiful day, so we decided to head to Susson Park in the morning. Dane loves the animals there and Dave has never been there. I told Dane that we were going to see animals. He was excited! About halfway there he starting asking, "Animals, mommy, animals?" We were both happy when we got there.


We saw a huge pig right away! Dane looked at me and yelled, "Pig" and then wanted to get in the pen with the pig.

He would get so close to the fence that it would scare me a little.
This pig was quite a bit smaller and he loved it when it came over to the fence to see him.

Nose to nose

He watched Dave pet the pig.

When it laid down next to the fence he reached right in to pet it as well.

He liked to look at the horse and kept yelling, "Horse, horse", but he didn't really want to pet it.

This long horn was poking his head out and Dane kept yelling, "Pet Daddy, pet." You can see his little hand reaching for it.

We had a fun trip!




I hate that I am up at 4:00 in the morning. Sleeping is not easy these days. Tomorrow is my last day off before I go back to work on Tuesday. I planned to keep Dane home with me for the day, but I have to go to work for an hour or so to get some last minute stuff done. I also kept him home with me all last week, so I thought I should go ahead and take him to Tracey's. After all, starting Tuesday it is back to reality for us.




I am 30 weeks along now. I am hoping the next 10 (or less) weeks go smoothly and I start feeling a little better and definitely sleeping better. Going back to school means that when I pick Dane up from daycare, after working all day, it is just me and him, all night long, no matter no little sleep I have gotten the night before. I try not to think about the fact that as I am walking my class to the buses at 3:00 in the afternoon, that Dave is just starting an 8 hour shift. To make my evenings go a bit smoother, when we got back from Susson Park I spent my afternoon making 5 freezer meals. I have a couple more to make tomorrow afternoon. That gives me one night a week that I can just come home and throw the meal in the oven. I made the meals in 9X13 pans, which also means there is plenty for leftovers a night or two later!




Hopefully in the next week or so I will have some pictures from the nursery to share. I have a huge pile started for Baby Evelsizer. Some days I think..."I have 10 weeks to finish getting things ready" and other days I walk by the crib (still in the box) and the paint (still in the garage) and think, "Oh my goodness I have less than 10 weeks to get this all done." I just keep making my lists and checking off what I can get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment