Sunday, August 7, 2011

This Time of Year Again


This little guy just loves to sit on the potty. He has been doing a really good job. We aren't going hard core yet, but he still has had several successful trips!

It is the time of year that I really dislike. It's the first few weeks in August. It's the time of year when I am getting ready to go back to school. I love my job, but I don't like this time in limbo...needing to go to school to get things set up and ready, but trying to enjoy every second of what is left of summer vacation.



I planned to go up to school last Monday and Friday and get everything finished in those two days so I would have the whole week before I go back to school off to enjoy. I ended up failing my Prenatal Glucose Tolerance test, so I had to go take a 3 hour test on Monday. I was determined to go on Friday. I went and got pretty much done, but still had quite a bit to do. I had the great idea to take Dane with me up to school this weekend and try to finish a bit more. Seriously, what was I thinking. The little guy had a ball in my room, but I got absolutely nothing done. So, despite my plans, I will head back up to school this week, Dane free, to try to finish up.




My goal was to have the baby's room done before I go back to school. Well, that may not happen. The crib got delievered. We bought the paint. We have cleared a few things out of the room. Then it all stopped. My classroom has called so my days to spend working on the room have been taken for right now. Dave planned to paint one day last week, but another, unexpected issue came up and he dealt with that instead. We are working on it, just very, very slowly! Dane does walk by the room and say, "Baby's room", so that is a plus!


So our goals for this week include finishing my classroom, figuring out the remaining furniture in the baby's room, and doing some painting! We'll see what we get done!




We are hoping that the weather cools a bit this week so we can enjoy some summer fun, without melting, before Dane goes back to daycare and I go back to work. We have until August 16th.....time is ticking away!








No comments:

Post a Comment