Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last Few Days

The last few days have been crazy busy for us. 6 days left of summer vacation! I have been working on my summer to do list, which sadly has very few things checked off so far. I have been working in my classroom. And Dave has been working his normal yucky hours.

Dane has been one wild man lately. So wild in fact that he needed to spend some time in time out for me one evening. We were, well I was, eating dinner and he finally just needed to go. I got him out of his booster seat and put him in time out. I went to clean up the table from dinner and when I turned around he was gone from the spot. I went to his room and there he was in his rocking chair with a book. When I walked in he actually had the blanket over his head. When I asked what he was doing he said, "Hiding." You can tell from his face that he was not happy. Guess he needed a break from me as well. He sat for a good 20 minutes reading books....just enough time for me to get dinner cleaned up!

For some insane reason I decided to take Dane with me to work in my classroom. I had time to go without him on Monday and Friday this week........but just my luck....Monday-they shut off the power, which meant no AC. I tried to work for about an hour and a half, but seriously felt like I would die. Then Friday they are spraying the entire building for bugs so they suggested we stay away unless we wanted to wear a gas mask while we work. Don't get me wrong, the little guy LOVED it. The whole way there he sat in his carseat saying, "Mommy, School, Mommy, Work." I asked him if he would be good while I worked and he said, "Yep".........but he wasn't. He pulled stuff off shelves and would check it out for a minute, then go find something else. He was either slamming the door or running out of it. Finally, I was exhausted, and it wasn't from working so hard in my room. I gathered him up and we headed out. When we got home I told him to play trains while I made lunch. I look up and he is gone from the living room. I found him in our bed watching TV. He turned on the TV himself, which was already on the Baby Talk channel, and grabbed Dave's hat that Dave puts on and pulls down over his eyes when he works a double so he can sleep during the day, and there he sat, just watching TV. If it wasn't lunchtime I would have left him. I bet he would have fallen asleep.....afterall he should have been worn out after our trip to school.

I just keep reminding myself that it is my last week home with him. Maybe he senses our summer is almost over and isn't happy about it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment