Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tom

Dane loves the phone. When any phone rings he will yell, "Phone ringing." The problem is we rarely answer our home phone. We get so many calls for some "Christina". We check the caller id and if we don't know the person we don't answer it. (I would love to disconnect it to save a little money, but 1) I think back to September 11th when I tried to call Dave from school on my cell many, many times to tell him to watch the news and my call wouldn't go through, 2) I worry about emergencies and if I would leave my cell somewhere and not have it at home, and 3) my husband won't let me). Dane will yell until the phone stops ringing.

Dane makes daily requests, sometimes hourly, for me to let him talk to people. He will tell me, "Call mommy" and bring me my phone. Many times I hear him saying, "Hello, Hello" and I will find that he has picked up the phone on Dave's nighstand. Luckily he hasn't "called" anyone on it yet.

Yesterday Dave was looking at pictures with Dane and I heard him say, "Katie, mommy." I said, "Yes, that's Katie." He then looked confused and said, "Tom?" It is funny because Dane has given Tom high fives and knucks for quite some time, but since Tom and Katie got engaged Dane has been infatuated by Tom! The first time he saw Tom after they got engaged he leaned right over and gave Tom a big kiss. It was like he knew that Tom was "officially" in the family.

Well as soon as Dane woke up from his nap yesterday he started asking, "Call Katie?" Finally right before bed we called Katie. Katie answered and Dane said, "Hello Katie, Tom, Tom?" Katie would ask him a question and he would answer her, then say, "Tom?" Katie was a little sad, but Dane did end his phone call with "I love you."




No comments:

Post a Comment