Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Day

I have been going round and round all week about what we were going to do today. I wanted to have a fun day with Dave and Dane, but then I would also get stressed thinking that today and next Thursday are the only full days that Dave and I have off together to get things done before the baby comes. Once I go back to work next Tuesday I will be working on Dave's days off and he will be working on my days off.

We finally decided to just have a fun day together. Even though things did not seem to go our way all day we did have a good time.

We had seen on Facebook that Eckerts was having 99 cents a pound Pick Your Own Peaches. We thought Dane would love it. We planned to get up early and head out. I did not sleep well last night, only about 3 hours, so when the alarm went off for me to get up, showered, and dressed before Dane woke up, I just could not do it. I fell back asleep and not only did I sleep until Dane woke up, but Dane woke up later than usual so we were much later than we had planned.

We headed up to Belleville Eckerts. Dane was immediately excited to see the big tractors out front. He climbed right onto one. This in itself was worth the trip. He loved the tractors.
We headed inside and looked around the Country Store. If I wasn't on my "No Refined Sugars" diet I would have bought so many little sweets from the bakery. I got the call from my Dr. last Friday, so just one week ago, I would have been in heaven. The sweet lady at the bakery gave Dane a free cookie, just because she thought he was so cute. She was so happy when he quickly said, "Thank you" before biting into it.

We headed back to the garden area where the tractor usually takes off for the Pick Your Own. It was so quiet. Dave went to ask about the Pick Your Own and we got the bad news. We were probably the 100th person that day to come for Pick Your Own Peaches, and they were not picking today. The lady said that they have had such a big response to their 99 cent sale that the trees are totally empty. I was glad Dane had no clue what we were doing there. There were several little kids with their moms in the store crying because they wanted to pick peaches. One lady said exactly what I said, "I read this on Facebook this morning." The poor lady who broke the news to us had no idea why they hadn't updated their information online or on Facebook.


We decided to take advantage of the 99 cent peaches sale anyway. Dane loves fruit. We bought a couple of bags and then headed out to find something else to do.


We wanted to be outside because it was so nice. Since we were in Belleville we weren't quite sure where to head. Dave took us to a park in Fairview Heights and we played a bit. The playground was really small and not really what Dane was used to, so he didn't play too much. We then picked up lunch and headed to another park to play for a while more. He played quite a bit there.

I was disappointed, but Dane seemed to have a great time. He must have had fun because he fell asleep as soon as we got in the car and slept all the way home.


We just finished having Peach Cobbler (sugar free) for dessert and it was delicious, so it wasn't a totally wasted day!


No comments:

Post a Comment