Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vehicle Fair

School is out for summer vacation, so I now have some time to blog about some things we have done in the past few weeks.  I will be playing catch up for the next few days!

A few weeks ago Dane, Reese, and I were in Kirkwood on a Friday evening.  My mom had to work at a Vehicle Fair to do bicycle helmet fittings for Kirkwood's Parents as Teachers Program.  She told me about the event and suggested that we stop by. 

I was kind of worried about going because I didn't bring our double stroller so Dane would have to walk and stay with me.  I decided to go ahead and try it.  The entire front parking lot of the school was closed off for the fair, so we had to park in the back and then walk around the school and up and down a hill with a stroller and holding onto Dane.  Once we walked around the corner of the building I knew it was worth it.  Dane started saying, "Mommy, look, school bus, firetruck."  Right then the police helicopter was also landing.  He was so excited.

He just stared at the firetruck for quite a while.  There was also a rescue truck that he got to walk through.  I was pretty impressed with him because since I had Reese in the stroller I couldn't walk through with him.  I stood at the back and the fireman helped him in.  He walked through by himself and I met him at the side door.  He ended up going through it three or four times.

The bubble bus was there.

We then went over to the school bus.  He climbed right into the driver's seat and was honking the horn.  He sat there for a few minutes while I stood at the door with Reese.  I finally had to coax him out so that other kids could have a turn.
Dane also loves tractors.  He was so patient because there was a very long line for the tractor.  He waited and waited for his turn.
It was busy at the helicopter and I knew I couldn't get Dane close enough with the stroller and there were too many people to just let him go look at it, so we looked from a distance.
And before we left, a quick, not very good, picture of the boys.
Dane loved the night.  Next Vehicle Fair I hear about we will be at!

No comments:

Post a Comment