Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Busy, Growing Boy!

Friday morning I took Dane for his 9 month checkup at Dr. Andersen's. He was so happy and smiley. I think everyone we passed said something about his smile. At 9 months Dane weighed in at 21 lbs. 15 oz (75th%) and 28 inches long (45th%). Dr. Andersen talked to us about starting table food. Dane has had little bits of table food here and there and he is always grabbing at our plates and forks so I don't think it will be too hard to get him to try some new things.

I had some cottage cheese in the refrigerator today and I have talked to a lot of people whose babies eat cottage cheese so I thought I would give it a try. He ate quite a bit, but made this face with every spoonful. Well Dr. Andersen did say to try a food 5-7 times before we decide Dane doesn't like it so you never know he may be eating cottage cheese by the tub in no time at all.
Dane has gotten quite brave pulling up lately. He has taken a couple of tumbles, but always recovers quickly and is ready to try again.
I love it when I get in front of Dane and hold out my arms and he crawls right to me with a big smile. However, this is what I see more times than I can count during the day. My little baby in hot pursuit of something, that he is usually not supposed to have!
When Dane hurts himself or I take something away from him that he is not supposed to have he will get a big, pouty lip and look down, trying not to cry.
Sometimes he can hold it in and other times he just gets so upset.
Dane's new game is for someone to throw a blanket over him and say, "Where is Dane?"
You can see him wiggling around under the blanket trying to get it off himself.
Sometimes we have to help a bit.
When he is uncovered he laughs so hard!
Dane's been hanging out with Daddy too much lately. He looks like he is dreaming of having a boat of his own. I may be in trouble. I can resist Dave's pleading, but not Dane's.

No comments:

Post a Comment