Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WOW!! The Week of Stages!

This week has been crazy! Dane is doing something new literally everyday! It is so fun to watch, but I just can't believe he is getting so big!

The first stage he seemed to have entered is one I don't like so much. The Scream For No Reason Stage. My mom says he is just talking, but I am not so sure. He especially seems to like to scream when I lay him down to change him and when I put him in the highchair. If I don't change him fast enough or start feeding him fast enough he will scream. Hope this stage doesn't last long.

I am hoping the next is just a stage that doesn't last long as well. If he isn't screaming when I change him he has decided he will pull the pictures above his changing table off the wall. They have fallen behind the changing table and have hit us both in the head. If this stage last too long I will have to redecorate.

Now on to some fun stages....

Lately when Dane has been playing on the floor he will start pulling on my clothes and trying to pull up on me. The other night he pushes his BIG basket of toys over and then pushes on it and next thing I know he is standing up looking at me. Gosh he looks big in this picture.

Dane has been scooting around for quite some time now. First he was scooting on his stomach and was not able to get back into a sitting position. This was tiring because he would scoot around and when he wanted to sit back up he would cry for one of us to set him back up. He would sit up for a couple of minutes and then go back to his stomach and scoot around until he was tired, then cry again. Then he was able to get back into a sitting position and starting sort of crawling backwards. He ended up in all sorts of areas...legs under the couch and under the entertainment center, but he couldn't figure out how to come forward to get out of those areas. Once again we would get him and sit him back up and 5 minutes later he was back under the couch.

Well today I was giving the MAP Test (the Missouri State Assessment-The BIG test of the year) and I get a text from Dave. DANE IS CRAWLING FORWARD. I couldn't believe it. I really wanted to leave school right then. Well when I got home from school, sure enough, the little guy crawled right up to me. Dave said he has really picked up speed even from just this morning. Oh my little man! Check out his crawling skills!



After Dave text me I was walking around monitoring the test and was thinking that last year during the state test was when I felt Dane kick me for the first time. Crazy, two exciting things happened when I was giving the test and I was locked in a room with 20 third graders and couldn't even tell anyone. Well both last year and this year I was quick to spread my news as soon as the test was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment