Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of Daycare for the School Year

Today was Dane's first day of daycare and my first day back to school.

He was so happy this morning and I was so glad!
He played for a bit with his Pooh Bear before we left.
Dane started a new daycare today. It is still a home daycare, which we really wanted. Miss Tracey seems wonderful. The main play area at Tracey's is painted a bright yellow with so many neat toys to play with. There is also a neat outside area set up.

What a difference a couple of months makes! When school got out in May I was still making 2 bottles to take to daycare everyday and also taking yogurt and veggies or fruit. This morning I got up and dressed, then woke Dane up about 6:30. We headed out the door at 6:50 and I kept thinking I was forgetting something because all I had was him! He will eat breakfast at daycare so it is so nice not have to worry about that every morning and he doesn't take the bottle anymore!

Instead of dropping him off 5 minutes from home and driving 15 minutes into work I now have him with me all the way into Ste Gen. Now that he faces forward in the car he is always checking things out. He was so amazed when I went to get a soda. You drive right through the building and the sides are lined with freezers of drinks. He was looking all over! I then drop him off and have just a 5 minute drive to school.

When I took him in he grabbed on to my pants leg and looked around. There were several little ones there and a couple of older ones were there for the next few days until school starts. Miss Tracey must have told them he was coming because they all said, "Dane's here." A couple of little ones walked up to check him out. He looked around a minute, gave everyone a big smile, and walked on in. I gave him a kiss and said goodbye and he didn't even turn back!

There is a teacher from school whose little ones also go to Tracey. When I got to the All District Back to School Meeting someone said, "Andrea was looking for you." I stressed because she was pulling up when I was pulling out of Tracey's and I thought she would tell me Dane was screaming or something. She said he was so cute, just checking things out, and hanging out with all of the kids!

He seemed to have a very good day and the best part of all was that when I came in to get him he turned the corner and saw me and came running down the hall with a big smile on his face and he gave me the biggest hug.

Dane must have worked up an appetite at daycare.
He ate a good amount of Lasagna and peas for dinner.
After dinner we played in the basement.
Dane hopped right in a basket and hung out a bit.
After his bath he shared some Raspberry Yogurt with Mommy.
Dane is now sleeping soundly.
One day down......................

No comments:

Post a Comment