Monday, October 18, 2010

The First Day of Our Three Day Weekend!

Thursday we had Parent-Teacher Conferences at school. I wasn't going to be home until late and Dave had to work so Dane took a little trip to Kirkwood for a sleepover. Aunt Katie met Dave in Arnold to pick Dane up. She was so excited to have him for the night. Katie sent me this picture as soon as she picked him up and I was so worried because I thought he looked so sad. It turns out he had been sleeping and woke up as they moved his carseat to Katie's car.
When Dane got to Mama and Papa's house Claire came over to play with Dane.
Dane had a good evening. He took at walk with Aunt Katie and Tom, loved on his Papa for quite a bit, and had a fun time splashing in the tub.
He woke up the next morning and Aunt Katie got him and laid him next to her. He must not have been ready to wake up because he fell back to sleep in Aunt Katie's bed for another hour.
Dave and I got to Kirkwood about 9:30 Friday morning to see our sweet boy! We had lots of plans for the weekend and were pretty excited.
Our first trip was to Rombach's Pumpkin Farm.
Every time we see a pumpkin Dane points to it and wants to touch it
so I had a feeling he would love the pumpkin farm.

The weather was amazing.
This is the pumpkin farm we went to when I was little
so it was neat for my mom to come with us. Aunt Katie also joined in on the fun.
This pumpkin is quite a bit bigger than the ones he usually sees.
He just kept looking around.
He would touch the pumpkin and smile and laugh.
He seemed excited to be here.

And then he saw more pumpkins......and he just ran to them.
These small pumpkins were still a bit heavy for the little guy.
Using all of his muscles...
And then he spotted more.......and was off
Daddy got a wagon for our pumpkins and took Dane for a ride.
Our little family
When Dave started moving a pumpkin rolled out and Dane laughed and laughed.
He just rode around checking everything out.
My mom has a picture of me in front of this same display when I was little.
We tried to get a picture, but there was a kid screaming and Dane just kept watching him.
Daddy and Dane
Aunt Katie and her little man
Mama and Dane
Walking around to find the tractors.....
Dane loved sitting on the tractor.
He then spotted some pumpkins that were just his size.
There were some Halloween displays set up inside this barn.
Dane didn't know what to think.
Before we headed out we went to the fort.....the same fort I played in when I was a kid.
My sweet little boy and I in the fort.
Just as I suspected....Dane loved his trip to the pumpkin farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment