Monday, October 25, 2010

Trunk or Treat at Church......and a few other things!

Sunday morning Dane took a big step....or maybe I did?? Going to church used to be so easy. We go to the 9:05 service. Dane used to hang out, listen to the music, and look around, then right before the Morning Message he would doze off and sleep through the rest of service. He would snuggle in my arms and we could sit and listen to the service.
Then he got older.
Then he got loud.
Then he started moving around.
So we started leaving him with Mama and Papa while we went to the 9:05 service.

This Sunday we decided to try the church nursery. When we went in he was the only one there. I filled out my information card and signed him in. Then another little boy came in. Dane got interested in a toy and I gave him a quick hug and went out the door. He watched me leave. I peeked back in the window and he was just kind of standing there looking around. I sat in the back of church, just in case they had to come get me. Everytime the door opened I looked to see if it was one of the nursery workers. We both made it through service. He was happy to see me when I got back. I think we will try it again!

Sunday afternoon we went to the Church Trunk or Treat. We shared a trunk with Aunt Amy and the kids.

Delaney came up with the trunk idea...Wizard of Oz.
All of the characters, the castle, and yellow brick road, and the CD from the movie playing.
My little dalmation waving from the wagon.
He loved to watch everyone in their costumes.
Delaney, the chef
Trey, our firefighter
He held on tightly to his treat bag.
The cousins getting ready to make their rounds.
Delaney and Trey took good care of Dane.
They pulled him around and put the candy in his bag.
He was so calm, just holding his bag, going to all of the cars......
and then all of a sudden it was like he realized it was candy.
He grabbed a piece and started chewing on it while still in the wrapper.
Delaney was pulling it out of his hands and he was screaming!!
I had to go intervene.
What a cute, little face!
Mama and her grandkids
Taking a walk down to pumpkin decorating
Delaney WON...1st place for best theme!!
Dane loved running all over.
It was funny. He would stare at everyone.
People would tell him how cute he was and he would just look at them.
Little guy had no idea he was dressed as a puppy!
*****We spent the night at Mama and Papa's Sunday night so we could go to see Dr. Andersen today. Besides some allergy issues right now, Dane is just perfect!
24.9 pounds, 31 inches....50th percentile for weight and height.

No comments:

Post a Comment