Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's my favorite time of year!

I absolutely LOVE the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving Day the excitement begins for me. Getting up at 4:00 AM for Black Friday shopping with my mom and sisters, ornament making this weekend, cookie making next weekend, Dane's first daycare Christmas party, seeing Santa, a Christmas show at the Fox, driving around looking at Christmas lights, decorating the house, and wrapping gifts, plus many random shopping trips. I love it all!

This year I have been excited since July for Dane's First Christmas. It is such a fun time and I can not wait to experience all the family traditions we have as well as make some new ones with him.

We have the inside of the house decorated, but still have some finishing touches on the outside. I had lots of plans for the new house and it is taking a bit of thought to put it into place.

Our Living Room Tree
The Mantle
I ordered Dane's stocking a couple of months ago. We didn't have a fireplace in our old house, so now to have a fireplace to hang stockings and a stocking with my sweet baby boy's name on it.....I couldn't wait to decorate!
Dane loves the lights on the tree!
Dane's first two Christmas gifts are under the tree! I didn't buy a ton for him, just one toy and a couple of books, CDs, and a DVD.
Even though Dane will have no idea what is going on this Christmas I know our Christmas is a million times brighter this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment