Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Friday Off School

Since we had Parent-Teacher Conferences Thursday night we didn't have school on Friday. It was soon discovered that Aunt Amy, Taylor, Delaney, Trey, and Aunt Katie were also off school. We decided to tell Mama, Aunt Kara, and Claire to keep day open as well and a fall outing was planned. (These outings have been frequently referred to as Girls Day Out, but we have lovingly welcomed Trey and Dane into our group. Right now they love it, but in several years I wonder if they will opt out of the trips that include shopping??)

Dane was already in St. Louis with Aunt Amy so I headed up early Friday morning. The weather could have been better, but I was excited anyway. We met at Aunt Amy's house and headed out to Chesterfield to the Pumpkin Patch.
Dane in his pumpkin patch attire!
Mommy and Dane before heading out!

Well like I said, the weather could have been better. It was chilly and drizzly. Dane was bundled up so much I bet most people thought I was just carrying around a big blanket. We checked out some pumpkins and the petting zoo, but even the older kids just wanted to head out. We managed to snap a couple of cute pictures.


Dane and Claire

We are going to have to have a lot of patience for our Christmas picture. Trying to get 5 cousins all looking the same way, at the same time, and smiling.....not quite there yet.
We wanted a hot lunch so we headed to Chesterfield Valley for Red Robin for lunch. I am always amazed at how well Dane usually does in restaurants. He eats at 10:00 and 2:00 everyday so when we are eating lunch it is usually naptime for him. It is perfect because he stays in his carseat and I can cover him up and let him sleep while I try to keep him out of too much people traffic. Friday was no exception....he slept and was perfect.
Friday was Uncle TJ's birthday so we were going to his house for a party Friday night. I was taking broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole so Dane and I grabbed the ingredients and headed to Aunt Katie's for a little hang out time while I made up my dish. Aunt Katie and Dane had some snuggle time while I cooked.
We met Daddy and headed to Uncle TJ's and Aunt Ashley's for the birthday party. As usual at 8:00 Dane could take no more and was ready for bed. Daddy feed him a bottle and he fell asleep.
We headed back to Mama and Papa's house to stay the night and Dane cried for about two minutes, before he was sleeping soundly in Mama's "Baby Room." He must have enjoyed the day because he slept until 6:00 the next morning.





2 comments:

  1. 6:00 the next morning?! You have to be kidding me. Why didn't I spend the night Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures!!! Enjoy all these first holidays~so much fun!!!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete