Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Mornings

You can just ask my sister Katie, I have carefully planned and thought out our morning routine. I discussed it with my mom, my sisters, girls at work, and Dave in order to make our mornings happy for everyone involved. I hope I don't jinx myself, but it has actually gone very well. Dave and I both get up at 4:30 in order to get ourselves ready for work and have breakfast before Dane wakes at hopefully 6:00 and not before.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am an ironing maniac. I iron absolutely everything! I hate being wrinkled! So when I wake up Dane at 6:00 I have my hair and makeup done, jewelry on, and am dressed in my dress pants and heels with my ROBE on. I feed and dress him and we are usually finished by 6:30. I know my mom will hate this, but I then lay him on my bed and he is entertained by the light and ceiling fan while I strip off my robe and throw on my top. For the record, I am literally two feet away from him while he lays on the bed. I know this is about to end since he is starting to move more everyday, but for now that is what works!
The problem is that he is usually so smiley and happy that just about everyday I am tempted to call in sick and stay home and play!

Dane staring at the light and ceiling fan!
He starts to get really excited and starts to laugh and kick his little legs!


1 comment:

  1. It's funny how just when you get into a routine that works, something will change developmentally with Dane, and it will no longer work! I loved the days of being able to put the boys in their exercausers outside of the shower. Now, I've resorted to taking them in the shower with me! I figure it kills two birds with one stone:-) Keep the sweet pictures coming! ~Deanna

    ReplyDelete